Friday, June 4, 2010























This morning I got to school earlier than usual, and as I was walking down the hall, I looked to my left and.....

DSC_0041.jpg picture by arrowheadpa

is that not amazing?! I wish all of you could have seen it in person.....it's absolutely beautiful here. I'm starting to love it here more everyday.

I had a whole blog entry planned out, but once again there are not enough minutes in a day....

A few quick things though:
  • Today I met the English teacher, and she's only 19! She's from Mechanicsburg, PA, and she's been living in Taiwan for the last year. She came here not knowing any Chinese, but now I think her Chinese is pretty good! She has been placed at Luo Na Elementary School through a US government program that sends English teachers to places that need English teachers but don't have the money to pay for them.
  • In first grade we talked about our baby pictures, and eventually the class discussion lead to babies and pregnancy...and one first grader asked the teacher if it was really humid in a mommy's pregnant belly. Ahhh these kids are too cute!
  • Tonight I had a fantastic evening meeting some of the local people, and I can't wait to share what I learned !
  • and here are some pictures from today....


DSC_0060.jpg picture by arrowheadpa

the school's dog

DSC_0050.jpg

kids doing another exercise dance

DSC_0045-1.jpg picture by arrowheadpa

3rd grade classroom

Sa vì

No comments:

Post a Comment